Re: Comma, Comma, Comma (Should we or Shouldn't we)

Subject: Re: Comma, Comma, Comma (Should we or Shouldn't we)
From: Loren Castro <lfc -at- SOL -dot- CHINALAKE -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 12:17:26 -0700

This response drifts from the original subject as seems normal. I'm
really responding to someone's statement about consistency. I wish I
had the original statement, which contained a quotation, but I deleted
it before starting to feel annoyed.

Inconsistency in technical writing is a terrible disservice to our
readers. For example, using the final comma in a series inconsistently
is worse than not using it at all. If that makes me small minded (or
whatever the quotation had to say), I can live with it.

lfc -at- sol -dot- chinalake -dot- navy -dot- mil