Re: Looking for Encyclopedia of Writing

Subject: Re: Looking for Encyclopedia of Writing
From: Rheal Nadeau <nadeau -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Sun, 7 May 1995 20:37:08 GMT

In article <3oj9m9$nbh -at- tribune -dot- usask -dot- ca>, Henry Choy <choy> wrote:
]The expense of technical writing can be reduced if writers have an
]encyclopedia of writing. Knowledge can reduce the time needed to compose
]documents. Wasn't it Feigenbaum, well known in artificial intelligence
]circles, who said "In the knowledge lies the power?"

] A writer can learn a few basics from Strunk and White's The Elements of
]Style, but still has to think a lot about writing. This kind of thinking

I always wanted to be a high-priced athlete. I guess all I need to do
is find the Encyclopedia of Baseball, then I'll be ready to play for
the Blue Jays, right?

Of course not. You learn by doing, not by reading about it. Good
reference can accelerate the learning, but they cannot substitute
for experience.

The Rhealist - Rheal Nadeau - nadeau -at- bnr -dot- ca - Speaking only for myself