Re[2]: Writing simple procedures

Subject: Re[2]: Writing simple procedures
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 11:09:49 EST

Heli Roosild suggested the following wording for menus:

> NO Select Save from the File menu

> YES From the File menu, select Save.
> Open the File menu and select Save. [etc.]

And I just wanted to agree, wholeheartedly. I have noticed that Frame
documentation uses the topmost convention, and I have found it very annoying. I
wouldn't have thought that I would have noticed...

I use a convention somewhat similar to he second Heli suggests:

Select File/Save from the blahblah menu.

(The software I'm working with has a jillion different windows, almost all of
which have their own menus.)

I set the menu selection in a different typeface.

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com