Re: Equations in Document

Subject: Re: Equations in Document
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 10:03:38 -0800

At 9:53 AM 5/5/95, Paul Tarr wrote:
>Has anyone out there had experience with writing documents that include
>equations? Particularily, equation intensive documents. What tools or
>editors do you use? I am using ms-word which has a reasonable equation
>editor but each equation uses up a lot of memory! After about 8-10 pages,
>the size of the ms-word document hangs up my PC. Breaking a document into
>30-50 files is a real pain.

>I would be particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has
>experience with an editor/program that has a simple graphical interface
>(i.e., point and click) or produces a document that doesn't use up an
>unreasonable amount of memory/disk space.

> Paul Tarr
> (pwt -at- minnie -dot- bell -dot- inmet -dot- com)
==========
Try MathType. I ued it extensively during a nine month contract. I don't
know how the MSWord equation compares, but MathType is a point-and-click
program that incorp[orates more math functions than most of use will ever
need, and you don't have to be a mathematician to use it. I don't have the
company or address handy, but I'll look it up if you are interested.

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
(510) 645-3469 (W) (510) 944-9814 (H)
santa -at- tfs -dot- com (W) santacroce -at- aol -dot- com (H)

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission"