Re: Dangerous Contract Provisions

Subject: Re: Dangerous Contract Provisions
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 7 May 1995 07:42:01 PDT

>>This is a "work for hire" (magic phrase!). As soon as the client PAYS
>>THEIR FINAL BILL, copyright transfers to them. (This way, if you don't get
>>paid and you still want to go to court, you can sue them for copyright
>>violation.)

>In California this makes you an employee.

I don't understand. We have people from our ad agency, our PR agency,
and our photo studio do work for which we acquired all rights. Are all
these people OUR employees now? We had an annual report written by
a well-established writer in the field. He had a dozen clients simul-
taneously, and only showed up on-site a few times, working mostly out
of his studio. Was HE an employee?

I'm confused.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215