Re: Familiar with HelpBreeze?

Subject: Re: Familiar with HelpBreeze?
From: Dan Dornbrook <djd -at- SAFCO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 12:24:00 CDT

E-mail address):
> Subject: Familiar with HelpBreeze?
> It apparently has garnered pretty good reviews.
> Am considering it, RoboHelp, and Doc2Help.
> I'd appreciate any feedback/knowledge about HelpBreeze, by
SolutionSoft.

I've had some success with HelpBreeze. It functions as a template/macro
thang inside Microsoft Word (preferably Version 6.x), as RoboHelp does, but
its design seems to be oriented to converting print documents into help
files, as Doc-to-Help does (consult Bill Horton's oeuvres for warnings on
the dangers of "dumping").

My cursory contact with RoboHelp suggests that it's more powerful than
HelpBreeze, but take that with as many grains of salt as your blood pressure
allows. I'm flying by the seat of my Dockers ('80s nostalgia, anyone?).

Any recommendations of reasonably current published comparative evaluations
of on-line help authoring tools (in the style of Consumer Reports, more or
less) are welcome.

Thanks,
Dan Dornbrook (djd -at- safco -dot- com)
SAFCO Corp. Electronic Systems Division, Chicago