Re: Jobs in Seattle

Subject: Re: Jobs in Seattle
From: Phil Sherwood <Sherwood-CPS007_Phil -at- MDD -dot- COMM -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 17:41:33 GMT

In article <germondD7yL2G -dot- MqF -at- netcom -dot- com>, germond -at- netcom -dot- com (Tom Germond)
wrote:

> Michael_Cooper -at- hpbbn -dot- bbn -dot- hp -dot- com wrote:
> : Does anyone out there know the best way to look for a job in Seattle?

> The obvious place to start is Microsoft. [snip]

> ... there are a dozen or mor small and growing
> companies in what's the high tech corridor on the east side.

> Tom Germond germond -at- netcom -dot- com
> Mountain View (Silicon Valley) California (415) 988-1576

> *** ***
> *** Here's another fine mess you've gotten us into, Stanley ***
> *** ***

Indeed, Microsoft employs many, many writers.

Quinton Instruments just opened a big facility just north of where I work.
And just north of them is ATL, of course, but they tend to run quite lean.
SpaceLabs, in Redmond, is another place to look (I don't know what they're
doing now; also, a few years ago that wasn't regarded as the greatest place
to work, but that might have changed by now). And of course don't overlook
Physio Control, in Redmond.

In your local public library you can undoubtedly find different business
registers and other reference books that list Puget Sound companies by
industry, sales volume, etc.

One good way to get the lay of the land, so to speak, is to work as a
contractor, at least for a while. The Seattle area abounds with job shops
ranging in quality from slimy to highly professional. Anyone interested in
my personal recommendations (I've hired from several different agencies
over the years) is welcome to email me privately.

--
Phil Sherwood
sherwood -at- mdd -dot- comm -dot- mot -dot- com