VD numbers

Subject: VD numbers
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 23:36:28 -0700

>"Oh well, it would have been better avoided, but for diseases the
>abbreviation STD has largely replaced the abbreviation VD anyway."

Is that MIL-STD, or is it the civilian variety?

Seriously, though, I doubt that anyone will snicker at your VD problem if
you don't make a big thing of it yourself.

There are too many acronyms/initialisms around these days for any of them to
have much emotional content. Don't waste any more time worrying about it.

By the way, why are you printing document numbers in 12-point type? ...RM

Dr. Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Vice President, STC Berkeley Chapter