Writers vs. Engineers

Subject: Writers vs. Engineers
From: "Cristian J. Perez" <perezc2 -at- RPI -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 21:48:04 -0400

Hi! I am new to the list...I am fascinated by the discussion about writers and
engineers and the idea that most people have a predisposition for one or the
other.

I think my story is an interesting one. I majored in Computer Science in
college. During my last semester I took a tech writing coursed and loved it.

Although English is my second language I felt that I really wanted to be a
technical communicator. While I was very good in Computer Science (still am,
I think), I felt that the need for good writers who had techinical expertise
was gonna become of major importance in this technologically advanced age. To
mkae a long story short, I am now majoring in technical communication at RPI
and feel that the combination of the two is going to make me a more marketable
person when I graduate.

The way I really look at it is that there are a lot of good computer
programmers but not enough good writers...that's where I come into play. Does
any of this make sense?

Sorry for any typos, grammatical errors and ramblings...I got a bad computer
here.

Cris.-