Re: Request for On-line courses/workshops

Subject: Re: Request for On-line courses/workshops
From: "Lindamood, Brad" <blindamood -at- DCA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 12:58:14 EST

Alan Mc Grane wrote:
>Our department is preparing to put our documentation set on-line for the first
>time. We are also investigating ways to redesign and improve our on-line help
>facility.
>Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations, especially regarding:

>- consultancy services
>- in-house courses
>- courses/workshops (preferably in Europe, but the U.S. is also a
>possibility) - books/publications/articles
>- tools
>- on-line editing

One good place to start is an excellent three-day seminar I recently attended
called "Online Documentation: Toward Self-Supporting Products" by William
Horton. This is part of the Seminars in Usable Design seminar series, which is a
set of seminars presented by Mr. Horton, JoAnn Hackos and Henry Korman.

It presented a great overview of the process of going online. The course also
included a complimentary copy of Mr. Horton's book "Designing and Writing Online
Documentation." I know that these seminars can also presented in-house at your
request.

You can reach them at:
Seminars in Usable Design
710 Kipling Street Suite 400