-No Subject-

Subject: -No Subject-
From: Barry West <Barry_West -dot- S2K -at- S2KEXT -dot- S2K -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 08:36:52 EDT

John San Filippo wrote:

>Frame is a long document tool, not really the best choice for marketing
>pieces. MS Publisher doesn't have all the tools of a more sophisticated
>(and pricier) package. I use PageMaker for this sort of thing.

I agree. I have tried many, many packages for brochure work, and in the PC
world, Pagemaker is the best for this sort of thing. Packages like Frame and
Ventura are better at long documents, as John mentioned. Enhanced word
processors, such as Word or Word Perfect don't have the flexibility for
composition. For example, using Pagemaker, you can create your design elements
and actually remove them from the page onto a work bench when trying different
page designs. I'm not sure what you mean by hooks to Word, but Pagemaker will
bring a Word document in with no problem. The reverse is not true, however.

Barry_West.S2K @ s2kext.s2k.com @ INTERNET