Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 19 Apr 1995 to 20 Apr 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 19 Apr 1995 to 20 Apr 1995
From: MasterWork Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 21:32:31 -0400

William J. Hartzer forwarded the following:

"Please Excuse Us For Being Late!!!

There was this huge explosion in our semi-colon factory.
All the local suppliers were out of stock so we had to send
to the Far East for replacements. The first batch of
replacements had the tails on the semi-colons going in the
wro ng direction. You can just imagine how distracting this
was. At this point w e debated leaving the semi-colons out
entirely since most people use them inco rrectly anyway. We
finally wound up hand-lettering each semi-colon. Therefo re
some of the semi-colons are not exactly the same as some of
the others but it is the best we could do.*

*Actually, we don't have a good excuse-we are just late
-----

I love it! If you remember who sent it to you, please let me know. I'll
give them an honorary membership in the Society <grin>.

@kat
katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Volunteer Coordinator; Soc. for the Preservation of Semicolons
Corresp. Sec. to the Soc. for the Protection of Midair Mushrooms
Managing Director of the Pet Peeves Breeders Association