Re: Jumping to Conclusions

Subject: Re: Jumping to Conclusions
From: "Nancy S. Burns" <nburns -at- NOAO -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 13:11:31 -0825

Several list members (including Kelly Burhenne and Bill Burns) have
thoughtfully addressed the issue of misunderstanding message postings. I
just re-read a wonderful quote on my office bulletin board that I wanted to
share with you:

"A writer lives in awe of words for they can be cruel or kind, and they can
change their meanings right in front of you. They pick up flavors and odors
like butter in a refrigerator." -John Steinbeck

Happy weekend. And for those heading off to Washington DC for the STC
conference - we hope you'll share some of what you learned with us later.

Nancy S. Burns, Technical Writer
National Solar Observatory
Tucson, Arizona
e-mail: nburns -at- noao -dot- edu