Taking notes (was TW Classifications)

Subject: Taking notes (was TW Classifications)
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 08:00:48 EST

A couple people have expressed (rather vehemently) an aversion to "taking
notes." I thought that was interesting, as the way I managed to wiggle my way
into the development group on my first job eleven years ago was by volunteering
to take notes at their design meetings. It quickly became apparent that I was
contributing more, as I reorganized the information and tried to fill in holes
by going back to participants individually, before coming up with the printed
version. In other words, taking notes _earned_ me respect, rather than took it
away. I guess I'll have to admit that times have changed, and I could be
considered a battle-scarred veteran in this profession!

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com