Re: Query: Users of ForeHelp?

Subject: Re: Query: Users of ForeHelp?
From: "Hiatt, Michel" <MHIATT -dot- INT-MAIL -at- SMTP -dot- INTECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 09:03:00 CDT

Faith Weber wrote:

>What I'm wondering as I read pro-ForeHelp messages is, how
>big (how many topics) are the Help systems you folks are creating?
<snip>
>I'm also curious how well these products import Help (or plain
>text) files created with Word or other tools, as well, and
>approximately how many topics those contained.

I am using ForeHelp to create two help files currently. One I am
creating entirely within ForeHelp and currently it has 45 topics (is that
small or big) and I'm just getting started. The other help file had the
majority of the text created in AMI PRO 3.1, which I saved as an RTF
file. Then I created a new project in ForeHelp and inserted the RTF
file. The original file was 107 pages long and became a help file with
100 topics. I will probably be adding graphics and additional topics to
this file in the near future.

I am using a Gateway 2000 P5-60 computer with 16MB of memory to create
these files. I have noticed no slowing of the speed of the software or
the computer when working in these two files. Hope this helps.

Mike Hiatt, Senior Technical Writer
mhiatt -at- intecom -dot- com
"All opinions are those of the writer
and are not those of the management."