Re: BOOKS: Updated Listing

Subject: Re: BOOKS: Updated Listing
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 13:54:50 MST

Greg,

That is a wonderful list! I have just a few suggested additions:

under EDITING, add

Technical Editing, by Judith A. Tarutz (copyright 1992 by
Hewlett-Packard Company, published by Addison-Wesley
Publishing) ISBN 0-201-56356-8, fourth printing April 1994.

Note: My memory could be off some, but I think this one came
recommended from the Copyediting-List. I'm reading it now and it
is quite good.

under GRAMMAR, add

The New York Public Library Writer's Guide to Style and Usage,
copyright 1994 (published by HarperCollins Publishers) ISBN
0-06-270064-2

Note: This is an excellent all-around reference. In addition
to sections on usage, grammar, and style, it has excellent
coverage of copyright law, indexing, and typography, to name
just a few!

under BOOKSTORES, add

Borders Book Shops (national chain)

Note: The one I was in had an impressive collection of
technical writing books. Others on the list have recommended it,
as well.

Again, thanks for compiling such a wonderful list!

Bev

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=