Re: MAC Vs. PC

Subject: Re: MAC Vs. PC
From: Ron Miller <RSMH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 13:48:41 -0400

Barry:

I wrote the quote in your letter, but I am by no means a PC attacker. I use
one. I was only saying that Apple does some things better than PCs. I don't
think we should have to have a discussion regarding one over the other. Each
has its place, but you yourself said that you make a living because the PC is
difficult to deal with. Computers shouldn't be so difficult to use that they
require a consultant such as yourself to tinker and configure them for the
novice user. They *should* be much easier to use. The fact remains that the
Macintosh *is* easier to use and a more stable work environment (certain
software packages not withstanding). Otherwise, you would be offering your
services to Macintosh users. Your point about the range of choices is well
taken. You are indeed correct. The PC is more difficult precisely because IBM
allowed clones.

They are also more difficult to use because they use arcane operating systems
(DOS & Windows 3.x). System 7.x is far more elegant than Windows 3.x (and I
trust more than Windows 95.x will be). The PC operating environments have
always been an enigma to the non-technical user, and unlike yourself, I
believe most people would rather not have to tinker with their machines to
make them work. They want to turn them on and go.

Ron