Re: STC Conference Locations

Subject: Re: STC Conference Locations
From: Binion Amerson <aba -at- OC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 10:28:10 -0500

Beverly Parks writes:

>I was wondering...is the STC Conference always held in the D.C.
>area, or does it rotate to different cities? I'd like to see one
>in Phoenix sometime.

The STC Annual Conference rotates. STC's Conference Advisory Committee
(CAC) works to bring the STC Annual Conference to conference centers which
best fit STC's requirements and needs. The CAC recommends sites to the STC
Board for final approval.

Because hotel/convention space is limited, sites must be chosen well in
advance. Future sites are:

Seattle, WA May 5-8, 1996
Toronto, ON May 11-14, 1997
Anaheim, CA May 17-29, 1998
Cincinnati, OH May 16-19, 1999
Orlando, FL May 21-24, 2000
Chicago, IL Date TBA, 2001
Nashville, TN Date TBA, 2002
Las Vegas, NV Date TBA, 2003

If a chapter desires to host an STC Annual Conference, they should contact
the Society office or STC's Assistant to the President for Conferences.

Regards,

Binion Amerson
Director-Sponsor, STC Region 5

Binion Amerson, Senior Technical Writer, OpenConnect Systems, 2711 LBJ, Ste
800, Dallas, TX 75234, Ph 214/888-0447; Fax 214/484-6100; E-mail aba -at- oc -dot- com
Director-Sponsor, Society for Technical Communication (STC) Region 5.