Re: Graphic Program/Clip Art for "GUIs"

Subject: Re: Graphic Program/Clip Art for "GUIs"
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 15:46:05 -0400

>I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever come across a graphics program
>that is used for designing Windows GUIs or perhaps a clip art package
>that has dialog boxes, scroll down lists, etc. I'm currently doing the
>in-house documentation for a new software program being written for
>Windows. For the next couple of months I will have to be creating a lot
>of illustrations from the "rough sketches" done by the house programmers
>and engineers. Any kind of graphic help would be wonderful. Of course, I
>could create some templates in Freehand, but I'm always looking for an
>easy way out and another program to play with! Many Thanks, MM

Hi Michael,

In our shop, programmers design GUIs using a cross-platform design tool
called XVT-Design.
XVT actually produces C code for the interface (screens, menus, and so on),
but is not the best tool to use if you're developing for Windows only.

In my opinion, the screen designs should not be done in graphic apps like
Freehand or the like.