Subject: Summary: Newsletters for fun and profit
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 15:07:36 PDT

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. A very brief
summary:

The overwhelming opinion of those with experience is that there's
definitely a need for good newsletters, and it's fun to exercise your
yen for layout, but that this is a hard way to make a dollar. At first
you may do as much educating of the client as you do layout. Several
people recommended Home Office Computing magazine as a source of
inspiration and contacts, and Emily Skarzenski also included this
suggestion:

Though I haven't read it myself yet, I've heard good things about
_Marketing with Newsletters: How to Boost Sales, Add Members, Raise
Donations & Further Your Cause with a Promotional Newsletter_ (by
Elaine Floyd, published by EF Communications in 1991). Sounds like it
might be valuable in finding solid business reasons for newsletters
that would be persuasive to potential clients.

Thanks again

Arthur