Career Choice and Degree

Subject: Career Choice and Degree
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 12:04:00 EST

Rick said, "I've got a degree in technical writing, and I think it was the
best choice for this field..."

I disagree with Rick, to a point. I'd prefer to get a degree in the field I'm
writing about. If I were to do 'it' all over again, I'd major in another
subject and minor in tech writing. Then I could have my cake and eat it too:
I'd never have to interview another SME! (grin)