Re: What Degree would you Get?

Subject: Re: What Degree would you Get?
From: Virgina Wade <wadev -at- FIT -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 10:39:45 -0400

I'm a junior at the Florida Institute of Technology and my major
is Communication, specializing in Scientific and Technical Writing.
I started out as a freshman majoring in Biology and I had never heard of
Tech Writing. I don't think it's a major that most graduating high school
students even consider or know much about. If I were to do it over, I would
definitely start out in the beginning as a Communication major.

Some of the courses I've taken here that I think are going to be
a big help to me when graduate are:
- Software Documentation Writing
- Layout and Design
- Publications Software
- Mass Communication
- Public Relations
- Intro. to Software Development with C++
- Advanced Technical Writing
- Writing about Science
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Calculus
- Management Principles
- Linguistics

How many other universities out there offer Technical Communication
as a major?

Virginia Wade
Florida Institute of Technology
Undergrad