Re: Is Frame a resource hog?

Subject: Re: Is Frame a resource hog?
From: COMMS <debral -at- FALCON -dot- CC -dot- UKANS -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 13:39:24 -0500

Haven't looked at the latest FrameMaker, but if it is a recent update and
it works on the Windows platform, then there is a good chance that it
makes extensive use of GDIs. As a result it will probably be slower,
bulkier (read that as a "resource hog") than earlier versions.

I do have experience with the latest QuarkXPress package. Version 3.3
takes longer to load and requires more disk access than did the 3.1
version. I have gone back to version 3.1 for this reason.

When will Mr. Bill at Microsoft (and the developers of Windows apps) get
the message that there are many among us who are tired of feature bloat.
Most of the excesses of the new releases really don't help us TechWriters
with our daily tasks.

Thank you for your time!

Bill