Re: What I decided

Subject: Re: What I decided
From: "Savidge, Jim" <JSAVIDGE -dot- INT-MAIL -at- SMTP -dot- INTECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 15:39:00 CDT

Just thought I would let everybody know what I did. I decided to go for
the
first scenario (doing on-line and hardcopy documentation vs. only
hardcopy).
Thanks everybody for your feedback!

Now one more question for you: what do you think is the best tool for
creating,
and also, for viewing, on-line help. I realize that the best tool for
creating may not be the best tool for reading. I'm asking as I'm going
be making some recommendations to my future boss. Right now, he likes
Adobe Acrobat, but I'm not sure if it's what we want to be using.
Thanks!

grant
I am using Acrobat as my viewer and AMIPro as my main source. Other than
some problems with documents prepared with printer fonts and some graphic
files it is working fine. Right now I am working on preexisting
documents. New documents will be created with fonts and graphics that
will not pose problems.

A couple of big pluses are free distribution of the reader and wide
spread use by other companies.

Jim Savidge
jsavidge -at- intecom -dot- com