Need Help with Wording!

Subject: Need Help with Wording!
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 14:05:53 -0700

Hey gang...

I've got a problem with an instruction! The construction
works well for other areas of the program (restore a file, etc.)
but for *this* particular area (changing the number of versions
to keep) it's really a mouthfull. See what'cha think...

1. At the Boris main window, select Vault>Change Number
of Versions to Keep... from the menu.

2. If you have more than one file vault defined, the menu
cascades to display the file vault names. Select the
^^^^^^^^^^
vault in which the file for which you want to change
the number of versions resides.

I can't see how to change the sentence to make it a bit less
intimidating without making it either grammatically less
correct, more vague, or wordier (or -- heaven forbid -- all three!).

Gotta put this book to bed by the end of the week, so lemmeNo!!!
Thanks!

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com