Re: Does anyone know what TWAIN means?

Subject: Re: Does anyone know what TWAIN means?
From: John McDermott <jjm -at- JKINTL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 1995 07:57:24 PST

I do not recall the actual words, but TWAIN is a standard set of commands
(software) one can give a scanner to cause it to perform certain functions.
This is similar to the packet drivers/ODI drivers for network cards.

--john

>I just inherited a book that refers to "TWAIN scanners" but doesn't
>say what TWAIN stands for.

>Can anyone define this term/acronym?

>Mail answers to: jjm -at- earthlink -dot- net -dot-

>TIA,

>Jack Molisani
>jjm -at- earthlink -dot- net

Name: John McDermott
E-mail: jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com (John McDermott)
Voice: +1 505/377-6293 FAX: +1 505/377-6313