Re: unix screen captures

Subject: Re: unix screen captures
From: "Hiatt, Michel" <MHIATT -dot- INT-MAIL -at- SMTP -dot- INTECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 15:53:00 CDT

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I'm looking for a decent UNIX screen capture program.
I'd like to be able to capture whole screens, windows
and areas of the screen; and do the odd bit of
fiddling around with the captured images.

Any recommendations?

cheers,

joa -at- craycom -dot- dk

Hijaack Pro will capture anything and will allow you to fiddle around
with it. Wanting just whole windows, I found Hijaak Pro more than I
needed. I just use the Alt key + the Print Screen key to capture the
window and then paste the image directly into my AMI PRO documents. For
WinHelp use, I run the captures through Paint Shop Pro to reduce the
number of colors to 16.

Mike Hiatt, Senior Technical Writer
mhiatt -at- intecom -dot- com
"All opinions are those of the writer