Engineerese

Subject: Engineerese
From: doug montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- CC -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 08:35:11 PST

Loren Castro (lfc -at- SOL -dot- CHINALAKE -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL) showed us an example of
one SME's description of some infrared hardware. (I now get the
List in digest form, and can't excerpt individual postings on my
mail reader, so accept summaries with apologies.)

Acutally, Loren, I found this description to be pretty good for
starters. It would allow me to lay out a sequence of steps based
on what's given. In many cases, I'd only have to shorten the
sentences and put them in the correct order and in command form for
the procedural section. The spelling is atrocious, but so what?
Spelling's always a problem.

This stuff seems familiar to me because I used to work for the Navy
too (Alameda Naval Air Station) -- and your engineer writes better
than my engineers did! ;-) Cheer up; at least they're probably
happy to have you doing the word-wrangling....

Doug Montalbano doug_montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com