Job listings

Subject: Job listings
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 23:41:00 -0800

>I have no problem with job ads, as long as the subject line includes
>the state involved. I like to browse 'em all sometimes, and I
>wouldn't want to have to create a separate inquiry just to do that.

I think it's a question of volume. If it's only once in a while, people
don't mind hitting the delete key (or the page down key a few times if you
get the digest).

Here in the SF Bay Area the STC chapters have bi-weekly postings of 25-50K
bytes, and some of them are pretty repetitive--the same old recruiters
pushing the same old jobs from list to list. We send these out to a large
list of people who have asked to receive them. As soon as we can, we'd like
to set up a list server to handle the job.

If we posted these large job listings to TECHWR-L a couple of times each
week, people would soon start to complain. If every STC chapter sent weekly
job postings to the list, they would soon overwhelm it. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org