Re: job ads--A suggestion to cut down on long messages

Subject: Re: job ads--A suggestion to cut down on long messages
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 14:40:49 -0600

LaVonna and all,
I'd prefer to see the whole text of the job ads on the
list. Sending a message with just a few lines isn't
much worse than sending the full ad text, and it
alleviates problems with people asking for info over
the list.
As list problems go, message numbers are much more
significant than message lengths.
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Author: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com> at SMTP
Date: 3/28/95 12:52 PM

Last week I posted two job ads to techwr-l. I also was
too busy and did not read Eric's message about list problems
until today.

My suggestion is that in the future, persons (including me)
who wish to place job ads send a message like the one I posted
on winhlp-l. It said in effect:

Please inquire if you want more information about either of
these jobs:

* Full-time technical writer, Houston, TX
* Contract writers and illustrators, anywhere in US

Let me know what you think. My address is lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com -dot-

(Another list tip: I've noticed that questions posted on Friday
afternoons are likely to get ignored.)

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
employee of COREComm