Reply to Mark mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il

Subject: Reply to Mark mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il
From: Chris Tarski <CTARSK -at- MEDNET -dot- SWMED -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 09:21:48 -0600

Reply to Mark mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il

>We write documentation that includes screen captures. Sometimes
>we capture rather a small part of the screen, sometimes we
>capture almost the entire screen.

We keep all of our screens the same size. They are from text margin to text
margin and the vertical size is
proportional. We feel this gives our documents a finished look. There is a
drawback however. Near the bottom of
pages, a screen may not fit. We then have to make the decision to either:

* leave white space at the bottom and put the screen at the top of the
* rewrite the text above or below the screen a little to fill up the
white space
or to allow the screen to fit or
* insert a graphic earlier in the document to flow the text down into
the white space.

Hope this helps.

Chris Tarski ctarsk -at- mednet -dot- swmed -dot- edu