"This Page Intentionally Left Blank"

Subject: "This Page Intentionally Left Blank"
From: Barry West <Barry_West -dot- S2K -at- S2KEXT -dot- S2K -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 09:45:26 EDT

Chas wrote:

>Once upon a time I, too, thought the "intentionally left blank" business was
>silly.

>Not any more.

This reminds of a story I once read. I'll paraphrase.

My wife was cooking a roast one day, but before putting the roast in the pan,
she cut the ends off the roast. When I asked why, she replied that it made the
roast taste better and that her Mother had always done that. Curious about the
response, one day I asked my mother-in-law the same question and received a
similar response. I then put the question to my wife's grandmother. She
replied that she did it because she only had one pan back then, and it was too
small to fit a full roast.