Re: STYLE: Prefaces/Introductions

Subject: Re: STYLE: Prefaces/Introductions
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 16:46:03 PST

We used to use the "official" term of Preface and the usual contents one
would find in a preface, but that changed over the past year. We now use the
title, "About This Manual" if the information is generic about the manual and
"Getting Started" if the information contained in it really should be read.
This makes things easier on the reader (user) and the writing staff.

david dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com
This has been one man's opinion, yours may vary withmileage, age, or
disposition.