Re: screen capture and Frame

Subject: Re: screen capture and Frame
From: "Dan S. Azlin" <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 13:25:12 -0500

On Wed, 22 Mar 1995, Sbbrown wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a screen capture utility that works
> well with Framemaker? Also, have you had problems with the
> application closing due to the type of screen capture you
> have in your file (individual icons vs. screens).

> Any info. would be helpful.

> Sandy
> sbbrown -at- nando -dot- net

It depends on what kind of system you are using.
If its a PC, there are many that you can use. I like Hijaak's screen
capture utility for DOS and Windows. It has the advantage of saving the
screen image as a metafile that can be converted to just about any
graphic format using Hijaak. Hotshot is another tool I've heard good
thing about

If you are working from within Windows, there are many more
options. Hijaak is still good here for the same reasons. Corel Draw has
a screen capture utility that works well, especially if you need to touch
up the image with Corel paint or Corel Draw. And then there's Windows
own screen capture capability (be careful to not try and read .CLP
cipboard files on different versions of Windows, the results can be less
than encouraging).

The best thing to do is try out a few to see what works best for you.

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
Ph/Fax: 508-921-8908 18 School Street
Internet: dazlin -at- shore -dot- net Beverly, MA 01915-4851