Re: Finger Pad???

Subject: Re: Finger Pad???
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 20:53:40 -0800

On Tue, 21 Mar 1995, Sevigny, Josee wrote:

> >Takes a little getting used to ('specially with graphics, which are so
> >precise), but it's well worth the four or five hours it takes to get up
> >to speed!

> Say what, a finger pad? How can you get similar precision over the mouse or
pen?

Oh, I'd say you can get MORE precise with a finger pad once you get used
to working with it. With a mouse, you are using your whole arm, and with
a pen, you need to press down to get the ball to move, thereby losing a
lot of the precision there. With the pad, there are no moving parts,
except your finger. The lighter the touch, the better it works, even,
which gives even more precision (this is my experience, anyhow). If you
ever have an opportunity to try one for a few hours, do! (A few minutes
will probably do it more injustice than convince you.)

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
dcastro -at- hpsrdas -dot- sr -dot- hp -dot- com