Publish or perish... from the greenhouse effect

Subject: Publish or perish... from the greenhouse effect
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 11:15:38 LCL

scientists to publish" (thus compartmentalizing carbon in inert form
and reducing the greenhouse effect), Rich Lippincott replied: <<I
wouldn't cite that article too often. I know the one you're talking
about. It was a -science fiction- story. It appeared in either
"Analog" or the "Issac Asimov Science Fiction Magazine.">>

Perhaps, but that wasn't the one I'm thinking of. The specific
article appeared in _New Scientist_, _American Scientist_, or some
such... and it wasn't fiction, it was tongue-in-cheek look at the
actual numerical data (i.e., number of journals published
multiplied by weight of each, then converted to tons of CO2). The
math was good, the premise less so, but then, it wasn't proposed as
a serious solution.

--Geoff Hart #8^{)} <---got these specs from reading too much
online info!