Re: STC WWW Home Page

Subject: Re: STC WWW Home Page
From: Matt Abe <MATTA -at- LEONARDO -dot- LMT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 13:33:26 CST6CDT

WWWebsters:

Thanks for your response. I stand corrected. There is an STC home page. Why
don't more people know about it?

http://stc.org/

http://stc.org/Chapters.html

The Silicon Valley Chapter has a link on the Chapters.html page. Check it out!

As promised, here is a summary of the responses I received. Thanks to all,
whether you are listed here or not!

Chuck Banks <chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com> writes:

This is the temporary STC home page created by the Internet Committee in
Region 8. This page points to a few others, such as the Region 5 page.
Follow the links and see what's currently available. STC Headquarters, in the
person of Bill Stolgitis, is creating a Society Home page. Look for Bill to
announce it in the Society newsletter.

Birgit Nuechter <bnuechter -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM> says try this site:

http://heron.tc.clarkson.edu/

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- c2 -dot- org> writes:

We are currently in the process of putting up a home page for the Berkeley
chapter on STC.org, but nobody knows what's going on. ...RM

djones -at- pegasus -dot- cc -dot- ucf -dot- edu (Dan Jones) writes:

I'm a senior member of the Orlando chapter of STC, and we have the beginnings
of a home page when we decided to put our newsletter, rough draft, on the
Web. The student working on this site just had his computer stolen so it
will be a few weeks before he can make the changes to the site I've
suggested. Aim your browser at http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~ls3947 (the
temporary address).

I'm also a faculty member at the University of Central Florida. I'm working
on a home page for our technical writing program. There are hundreds of
academic programs of all kinds with Web sites. UCF has a nice home page at
htt://www.pegasus

I'm working on a plan here to add many links to the Orlando STC home page,
including the national STC page, many technical communication links, a job
bank of sorts, tech comm references of all kinds, student resumes, and links
to various other community networks (see, for example, the Well-Connected
home page at http://www.sundial.net/

joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca (Sevigny, Josee) says try this one:

STC Boston
gopher://ftp.std.com/11/nonprofits/stc

"Lise Hansen" <hanse067 -at- maroon -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu> writes:

I saw your request on the TECHWR-L list about STC homepages. I am a grad
student in the STC program at the U of MN, and I was responsible for setting
up a homepage for our department. I have a few links made to STC-related
sites. I don't recall their URLs right now, but you can get them from our
site. The URL for our department is http://rhetoric.agoff.umn.edu/

[BTW, the University of Minnesota home page is very well done, IMHO as an
unbiased alumnus. Lise, you did a great job on the Dept. of Rhetoric home
page and on your own page, too. The rest of you, check out the Lise
Hansen page if you want to see the resume of the future. --MA]

That's all, folks. Look for the Twin Cities Chapter home page, coming to the
Web this summer. Don't worry, we'll get it linked into Chapters.html.

We have the opportunity to join the pioneers on the World Wide Web frontier.
The world of information will never be the same. The explorers have forged the
trail. Go Web, young ones!

Happy techwhirling, and see you on the 'net,

Matt Abe

Matthew Abe Internet: matta -at- leonardo -dot- lmt -dot- com
Documentation Group Leader or: MattAbe -at- aol -dot- com
LaserMaster Corporation
7156 Shady Oak Road "World Wide Web: Gotta Have It!"
Eden Prairie, MN 55344