Re: Tell them (only?) once

Subject: Re: Tell them (only?) once
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 07:08:45 PST

I've run into the "Tell them three times" mantra many times. In each
case, they have meant that the concepts should be repeated: summarized
up front, expounded in the middle, and summarized at the end.

This is the first time I've heard anyone say that an introductory sentence
identifying the TOPIC, a middle part giving the CONTENT, and an ending
giving saying "I AGREE" counts as saying something three times.

It's creative; I'll give you that. But you've broadened the definition
into a rug so broad you can sweep anything under it.

-- Robert