Fictional salary

Subject: Fictional salary
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 14:43:37 -0800

>Well, to make a long story short, one of the entries was for a "Paul
>Goodman" in the "Technical Pubs" department. He was hired on "8/11/90"
>and his salary was . . . (the envelope, please) . . . "$110,500."

I'm sure you're right that they were exhibiting fictional salaries, but for
anyone in the Silicon Valley with a scarce skill, that's not an outlandish
salary. A significant number of programmers make that much, and some of them
never wrote a line of human-readable material. :-) ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org