Re: Copyright and the 'Net

Subject: Re: Copyright and the 'Net
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 13:51:02 MST

Harold Snyder <ENSNYDER -at- ECUVM1 -dot- BITNET> wrote--

Several comments on this "thread" have been making the rounds
this morning, but most of what has been said relates to
copyright owners granting their permission in order that they
be "rightly compensated" for their writing. On the other
hand, the issue of retransmitting a posted message has more to
to with libel than with copyright.

Talk about mixing apples and oranges... Thoughts on this?
I don't believe we're mixing fruit. Libel is concerned with
defaming a person's character or reputation. I don't think that
was the intent here at all. But that doesn't mean people won't
want to discuss it...

Jan B., do you want to set us all straight on this? ;-)

Bev

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=