Re: Why 60 Hz

Subject: Re: Why 60 Hz
From: John Renish <John -dot- Renish -at- CONNER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 09:15:04 PST

Let's set the record straight, John,

Nikola Tesla invented the system and prevailed over Westinghouse's engineers
to set the standard at 60 Hz (they wanted a higher frequency, 100 Hz, if I
remember correctly). Yes, Westinghouse was the capitalist who got AC into
common use, but he was not what was then called an electrician. His
technical field was railroad inventions, the most famous being the air
brake. BTW Edison liked to call judicial electrocution "Westinghousing."

John -dot- Renish -at- conner -dot- com
My statements are my own and do not represent Conner Peripherals, Inc.
Original Text