Re[2]: Do we like our jobs?

Subject: Re[2]: Do we like our jobs?
From: KnoxML1 <KnoxML1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 10:10:40 EST

Barb mentions some of the things that I love, too. I do a lot of
scientific editing and write some marketing materials to about
fairly heavy-duty science. I do only a small amount of computer
documentation, when somebody around here invents a whiz-bang new
concept that requires software & a manual for the Navy or something.

I love *knowing what's going on* in scientific research, and I like
having a part in making sure it *keeps* going on by making the results
comprehensible to those who can use them.

Also, I love words. I love digging into the incomprehensible, conquering
the meaning so I understand, and then making the obscure and difficult
clear and accessible.

And finally, I like the pleasure on the faces of the authors, researchers,
and engineers when they read what I've written, look up, and say, "Yes!
THAT's what I meant!"

A good day, when that happens.

Margaret Knox, Technical Writer/Editor
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Laurel, MD