Re: QUESTION: Where to find books

Subject: Re: QUESTION: Where to find books
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 14:27:37 -0800

Bev Parks wonders...

> There was a thread a while back about good reference books
> on technical writing. I jotted down several titles and went
> looking for them in book stores. I couldn't find a single one
> (not only the ones on my list, but *no* books specifically on
> technical writing!).

> Where are they? I was checking the "Writing" section. Maybe I
> should be looking in a different section?

Bev, you're never gonna find those books where regular
people shop! You gotta go to a geek book store! Ask
the programmers where they shop for books (or the engineers,
mathemeticians, or other nerds). There's bound to be a
technical bookstore somewhere nearby (unless they're just
coastal phenomenon... I don't do well inland).

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com