Re: Blank Pages

Subject: Re: Blank Pages
From: Grace Joely Beatty <TALKLIST -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 19:26:00 -0500

Because this discussion is still on-going, I'll add my 2 cents (BTW, where do
you find the "cents" symbol?)

I have convinced our publisher that the outmoded custom of always putting
the chapter opener on the right will cost us between 10 and 20 pages in our
books. As a consumer, I would be angry about paying for 20 blank pages when
I could have had 20 additional pages of information for the same price.

Personally, I see absolutely no logical reason for putting chapters on the
right other than "it's always been done that way." (However, if you have a
format that requires tabs for each chapter, I guess I have to agree that
putting chapters on the right makes sense.)

We do pay some homage to convention by laying out our books with the part
dividers on the right.

FWIW

Joely Beatty

Please send personal replies to EmpressGJB -at- aol -dot- com so they don't get lost in
my mailing list mail.