Re: Not reading manuals like a novel

Subject: Re: Not reading manuals like a novel
From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 03:35:10 -0500

>> But for "training guides" (assuming that you
mean what I would call tutorials )<<

No, I meant TRAINING. I don't think I typed "tutorial." :) Again, *not all
techwriting has to do with computers.* ;-)

Many training guides are designed in sequential lessons which pretty much
must be done front to back, because if you haven't learned task 4 you can't
do task 5, or if you haven't studied the information in chapter 6, chapter 7
will lose you in the first paragraph.

I think I'll stop straining at this particular gnat. But to state "tenets"
which apply to only one kind of technical writing is to ignore the real
world, where tech writers deal with far more than bits and bytes and scsi
connectors.

suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com