Re: QUERY: Mouse nomenclature?

Subject: Re: QUERY: Mouse nomenclature?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 16:37:36 -0800

> Of course the manuals that I've read assume the mouse is a
> right-handed version, and any exceptions require the user to
> make the flip-flop in their mind. This also goes for selecting
> the Reverse Mouse buttons option. If it is selected, all book
> references should be mentally switched by the user.

> We live in a right-handed world, don'tcha know... :-)

If you set your books up so that all mouse instructions
are in the preface, for example...

Click means...
Double-click means...
Drag means...
The only time you'll use the <other> button is to access
the pop-up menu...

Then all you say in the actual text is Click...
Double-click... Drag the... to... and Access the
pop-up menu and select...

If the user has had the mouse in hand for more than
20 minutes there really shouldn't be any mental
switching to do -- just click!

Just a thought...

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA