This subject line intentionally left blank

Subject: This subject line intentionally left blank
From: Robert Busch <robert -at- FOCSYS -dot- FOCUS-SYSTEMS -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 09:34:05 -0500

In <199503131929 -dot- OAA11582 -at- nic -dot- hookup -dot- net>, David Dubin wrote:
>About 8 months ago I asked essentially the same thing and, based on the
>left blank". Now, centered at the top of the page, we use the title NOTES in
>a bold sansserif font with double lines running below it.

That's an interesting solution -- on first consideration, I really
liked it. The biggest problem that I see is consistency: only chapters
that end on odd pages will have a NOTES page; the even-ending chapters
won't need it. I suppose you could add two notes pages in this case,
but that introduces a different inconsistency.

The real question, then, is whether readers would be thrown off more
(or even at all) by a blank page or by an inconsistent number of NOTES
pages. Hmmm . . . something to think about.

ObChuckle: We designed a fun T-shirt for our illustrator's birthday.
Across the front, it read:

THIS T-SHIRT INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK.

Good luck & win awards,

Robert Busch
Information Development Team Leader
Focus Automation Systems Inc.
robert -at- focus-systems -dot- on -dot- ca