Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages

Subject: Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 06:20:28 -0800

Consider this: putting any print on that otherwise blank page adds to
the print cost. I don't believe there is any standard that requires,
or even advises, putting a page number on that final, blank, verso
page.

BYW, the "This page intentionally left blank" statement is required
for, and only used in, financial documents. In the doc most of us do, it's
pretentious.

jb
=======================
I always start chapters with a right-facing page, but I never, ever
use the "This page intentionally left blank" statement on the page. I
always just leave the page blank, albeit with a page number at the
bottom. User's do not seem to figure out that that page is supposed
to be blank.

(Don't ask me why, but I just hate the "this page..." statement!
Makes me feel like I'm working for companies like "Big Blue!")

Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com