Re: Definition and derivation requested

Subject: Re: Definition and derivation requested
From: "Johnson, Mike C. @ SLG" <MCJOHNSO -at- SLC -dot- UNISYSGSG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 13:28:00 MST

Arlen,

I have no idea what Informatics is, but here is my attempt to add rational
meaning to the term:

Informatics is the melding of omnidirectional AI derivatives, parallel
processing and programmable gate arrays in an effort to develop
informatons, which are actually self-directed robotic automatons. The
darned things can read, write user manuals, give penmanship lessons to
doctors, and motivation lessons to Steve Covey--all at once.

Happy Monday!
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Definition and derivation requested
Date: Monday, March 13, 1995 10:01AM

I just ran across the word "Informatics" in the context of "Health
Informatics
Initiative" and I'm frankly at a loss.

Can someone give a rational meaning and suggest an etymology for the term?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24