Re: QUERY: Mouse nomenclature?

Subject: Re: QUERY: Mouse nomenclature?
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 14:06:32 PST

Glenda Jeffrey wanted to know about mouse buttons:

> As a (right-handed) user of a left-handed mouse, I find the
> first choice confusing. I always have to stop and do the
> flip-flop in my head. To me, the number one would correspond
> universally to the "primary" button -- the left button for
> right-handed users. And as for the MB abbreviation: I've
> seen it a few places, but I don't know whether it's prevalent
> enough to be commonly understood.

I use "primary" and "secondary" mouse buttons, and refer to them as
such in the beginning of the manual (under "User Conventions").
Thereafter, it's simply "click the mouse button."

The reason I use primary and secondary is because the left mouse
button to me (primary) is the secondary mouse button to you...

Sue Heim
RIS
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com